Old 05-15-2009, 06:46 AM
hoosierquilter

Hi,

I purchased a Quest Plus in March and have been very happy with it. I am envious of the prices you have available. There is only one dealer who carries it here in So. Indiana and I paid 1799 for mine. Imagine my surprise when I see you could have purchased it for 999! Mine did come with 15 feet though and a full color step-by-step instruction manual on using the machine for different technique.

I do LOVE the machine, especially the built in walking foot. Many of the girls in my quilt guild love their Berninas but I didn't care for the small harp as I wanted to do machine quilting with it. With a little practice free motion works quite well. The open-toed free motion foot is a real plus, helping you see where you are going. It also came with this great foot that makes stitching in the ditch a breeze.

The only thing I don't like is the bobbin. I prefer a drop in bobbin. However, it's a real plus when you are quilting a quilt and need to change the bobbin. You don't have to remove the quilt to do so.

I'm very happy with this machine even though I apparently overpaid. It is really a solid machine though, not so much lightweight plastic like some. When I was shopping for a machine I had a dream that I bought a Baby Lock. When I finally found one to try out, imagine by surprise when I saw written on it "Quilter's Dream" series!

One more thing. I was looking for the auto cutter too but went ahead and purchased the Quest Plus. Later I was talking to an older quilter who lives at her machine and she said her Janome Pro had that feature but she didn't like the way it worked and never used it. This made me feel somewhat better but I still think you wouldn't waste as much thread.

Hope this helps!

Autumn