Old 05-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Moose

Originally Posted by hoosierquilter
Imagine my surprise when I see you could have purchased it for 999! Mine did come with 15 feet though and a full color step-by-step instruction manual on using the machine for different technique.
I was told that the MSRP is $2499 for this machine... imagine my surprise, but then again, obviously they are making obscene amount of profit; it's not like it's made in the US at fair trade prices I bet. You did pay more, but you still got a good price... I got an obscenely good price. :) The important thing is that you're happy with it.

I did hear about the book and will try to get it from the library through WorldCat loans. One has to be floating around. Do you have the title/author or ISBN for me?

Originally Posted by hoosierquilter
The only thing I don't like is the bobbin. I prefer a drop in bobbin. However, it's a real plus when you are quilting a quilt and need to change the bobbin. You don't have to remove the quilt to do so.
I had a drop-in bobbin before and didn't like it a bit. I actually was happy to see the side load for the very reason you mention... don't have to move your work except to back track a few stitches to secure the job. I love that.

--

Yesterday, I went for my first class to learn to use the machine... wow, those feet and stitches are really handy. It sure beats my 25 year old machine.