Thread: Fabric on hand
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 09:22 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Ducky
QCrazy, I couldn't agree with you more when it comes to bundling. I do that, too. In my fabric closet I have many, many colors and fabric patterns that my husband is sure I may never see again or use in this lifetime.

See...sadly, my biggest problem is that I've gone from being satisfied with Joann, WalMart, Hobby Lobby fabrics to the more expensive and deadly-for-the-addiction quilting stores. Oh, the heart palpitations with a batik I haven't seen (or touched) before, or the gorgeous Asian fabrics, or "Oooooooh! What a wonderful color of....." I'm a sick woman. :roll:

My income is now affected, so I will see just how strong my will is. I seriously plan on going through my closet and get reacquainted with some of my "friends" I haven't seen in years.
BTW, I truly admire people who can work on and buy for only one project at a time...it's not in my genetic makeup and can't comprehend how to do that. My husband would be very organized like that if he quilted. I'm too impulsive. :oops:
Ducky, we must be kin.
i am slowly, liking the more expensive fabrics too. We have a really niiiice store here...hers is usually $8 up^!....but it is beautiful stuff.
I was able to stay away for two years...was sick...didn't go anywhere, or do anything...but alas, I recently went in, and spent 92.00!
crazy about what I got, mind you...but, my budget cannot handle it!
I don't have any biases about fabrics, as long as you can't see 'grainy' lines, or see thru it, I'm good with it, but some of those pricier ones, are just so gorgeous and feel so, I-want-to-go-home-with-you.
Did you know you could read a fabrics, emotions, by touching? lol!
I read their little minds like braille.
I will be working on a project, and have my mind on another...all the time. I am just starting to accept it. I am in the zone, when I channel all thoughts and energy on project in front of me...I usually can do that on machine...cutting, drawing, sorting...i'm all over the place. oh well, it's all fun! :D