Old 07-12-2011, 05:39 PM
Rita's mom

Wow I missed a couple days and had a lot to catch up on!
I went to two demo's at the quilt shop in Ft. Collins today for thier Christmas in July sale. It was for two of the cutest quilts and they go together really quick. But the best part is that the teacher was just a doll. Do you ever go to something like that and if the teacher is enteresting and has that fun personality it just makes the time there so much fun. She had so many neat little quilting tips and hints that were more fun than the quilts she was demonstating!

I love all of the neat ideas for the ornaments and things to sell. I really love the journal covers. I want to try one.
Missy I LOVE your quilt, please do post pictures when it is done! Hang in there I am sure things will improve with your daughter. They can be influenced for a while but the truth has a way of becoming obvious after a while, when they get a little older.
Lisa I am glad you are back!:)

MJ you are full of neat ideas! I love the book marks also. I hope things improve and your doctor appointments have positive outcomes. I know the evil ups and downs of insulin because of my daughter. Too much insulin=weight not enough=high sugars and all of the risks from that. Her doctors say its like trying to keep a teeter totter level. Very frustrating!

Lisa I used to love Bev Lewis books but I am all caught up and waiting for a new one to come out. I also like any historical fiction books. I am reading Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas it is good so I am going to read some of her others.

Well things are better around here, not great but better. I am not eating the way I need to but I am not eating m&m's by the pound either.(oh yes I have done it before....more than once! :oops: )Don't want to ever go back to that again.
I have another demo class tomorrow too it is for the cutest place mats. So I will have my oatmeal in the morning and then my favorite lunch when I go to Fort Collins, A cup of hot and sour soup from Panda Express. It is only supposed to be 150 calories in a cup. Yummo! even if it is hot as heck here! :thumbup: