View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
Tinabug

I have to share a hummer story with you all. I spotted Inky the cat(yep, he's black) with something in his mouth I ran over and sure enough, he had a little hummer! I grabed him at the back of the neck and the little, tiny bird just fell to the ground. I was so upset and picked up the dead little fellow and placed him in a shoe box, since the next day was trash pick-up I just placed it on the patio table with a rock on top. I said a little prayer to God asking for blessings for the little bird and asked if Inky could be deterred from killing any more birds. Next morning I went out early to place the little hummer in the trash and just peeked in, why I don't know, and the little guy just zipped straight up and then down to my eye level, hovered a second as if to say thanks1 and then zipped over the roof and hovered again. In a flash, he was gone. I have since rescued 4 more little hummers from Inky, but they were saved just as he caught them and they quickly flew away, albeit with a few missing tiny feathers. Hopefully, they have spread the word about the wicked black cat in Oceanside, Ca!