Old 07-12-2011, 10:43 PM
MacThayer

Originally Posted by psychonurse
Welcome from Ala. Do you still have your one stitch machine?
have lot of fun with your new multi stitch. Isn't technology fun and annoying at the same time. If you have not, I suggest you buy a workbook for your new machine, it will be invaluable.
Oh, just as a PS, it came with a very thick manual that covers everything, including every stitch in detail, and how you can change that stitch by changing width or length of stitch. It's really wonderful, and almost a sewing manual in itself. You're absolutely right: it's invaluable. I don't know what I'd do without it. Right now I'm just getting comfortable with what the stitches can do, and trying out adjusting the upper and lower tension when switching fabrics. (I went to Goodwill and loaded up on a pile of clothes, towels, sheets, etc. of varying kinds of fabric -- spent $20 on this big pile -- and I can practice all I want on this fabric and not care when I throw it away. On the other hand, I could make a quilt out of stuff from Goodwill if I spent more time and care looking through things, I'm sure of it.)