View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 04:33 AM
Agatha

Originally Posted by mzmama
I ordered a book last night. It was from a referral of another quilter on this board. The book was on sale, yea, we like sales. When I placed the order for $4.00, the shipping came up as $7.00 !!!!! I thought that was kind of high for a book, I don't need it in THAT much of a hurry. I sent an email and I got a response this morning, quite fast I thought, they said the computer put an automatic charge of $7.00 for shipping but they would adjust the charge when it was sent out. The shipping was adjusted to $2.00. Much better don't you think.
It was, Phillips Fiber Art.com. IFY. It is alway good to hear about the companies that work with you, as well as, the ones that don't.
Yes indeed that was much better. You can ship books USPS Media Mail and depending on the weight and size, you may be able to ship for about $3.00 or under. If you want it shipped priority, again depending on the size, the one size fits all envelop is $4.95

$7.00 was a bit much and they were right to reduce that for you.

I do order on line quite often and sometimes when you get to the shipping (and handling), it's way more than the item is worth! So I never buy unless the price plus is worth it. You were fortunate that they adjusted for you.