View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:32 AM
oldhag

Well, currently we have a 35 ft. Class A motorhome, a 18 ft. hybrid trailer and a huge tent. Use the Class A for long vacations where we are going to several places. Use the hybrid for shorter stays of under 2 weeks and setting up for longer periods of time. We use the tent when the notion takes us to get back to the good old days. I love all 3 ...well not the tent as much.... Absolutely hate hotels.I can't drink coffee in my jammies and watch the sunrise in the parking lot without getting stared at and you don't get to meet your neighbours and make friends. Eating in a restaurant gets old very fast and I like my pillow, blanket and my cooties. My DH is now in the process of building us a teardrop trailer. Packing for any of these camping senarios is a breeze. All are stocked at the beginning of the year and cleaned. When we get the notion to go all we have to do is throw some clothes in and we are gone. Unpacking is just as easy. Take all the clothes out and throw them in the wash. I even have clothes stocked in each one that if we decide to leave on the spur of the moment I have a change of underwear and 2 days worth of clothes available. I tell my friends that I buy disposable clothes. Clearance racks are great places for clothes as well as Goodwill. If they get too dirty... I just throw 'em out and get more 2 dollar clothes.
Organization is the key to good camping no matter what you use.