Thread: fabric sheets
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2009, 03:42 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Judy Lee wrote:
....Personally, I think the organized stash is a myth, and what pictures we see on the Internet are heavily photoshopped to protect the reputations of quilters in the rarified atmosphere of fame.

Down here in the trenches, though, we're so busy making quilts that a stash MIGHT get organized two or three times during a quilter's career.

I believe it can BE OR GET organized, cause I have done it, but, STAY??? not for long, without serious compulsive cleaning, that cuts into quilting time. I made a curtain to hang over my shelves to protect fabrics, from light and dust, and it serves, to protect me from looking at eight shelves, filled with all that fabric waiting on me. Those are not all I have either, and there are bins underneath, and shelves are full on top.
It also helps me not feel so uncomfortable when hubby and family visit my cave. They might lecture me, and in my cave, that is not allowed!
That is my sanctuary! thank you very much...IMHO....their opinions are none of my business, lol! :wink: