Thread: LSU quilt
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 06:46 AM
debbiecharlie

Originally Posted by squeegeatc
Originally Posted by debbiecharlie
Love it!!!! Where are you at squeegeatc??? I'm in Ville Platte!!!! Great job on the quilt!!!!
Near Lake Charles. This will be raffled off Aug 6th at the Prien Lake mall. I'm selling tickets now, if anyone is really interested. But I didn't expect to sell any here--I just wanted to show it off!!

I REALLY wanted to put the "Eye of the Tiger" in the center, but I called LSU to be sure I wasn't breaking any laws. The Eye is copyrighted (the awesome symbol in the center of the football field). SO I had to figure out how to imply our Fav college team, without breaking any copyright laws! I still want to try making the Eye someday. I will just have to keep it for myself. OH DARN!! LOL
Well, you did a great job!!!! Do you have a pattern for the fleur de lis???? I'm working on one for my daughter....but it will be for Saints....even though she is also a big LSU fan...... Also love the stripe print.....My daugther is in Dallas now, and was trying (and still is) to get tickets to the LSU/Oregon game in Arlington this fall.....