Old 07-13-2011, 08:09 AM
karenm36

Well, here's my attempt at my first bed runner. I still need to quilt it but I wanted to get your take as to how this is coming along. (I deliberately made it shorter than most because I didn't want to cover up the nice scalloped edges of the quilt). AND for those of you that quilt on a regular (read: very non-fancy basic) sewing machine, how would you quilt this if this were your first attempt at FMQ? I'm biting the bullet and trying my hand at this on this bed runner. I figure since it's for myself and not being given away...it's a good place to start. ;-) Oh, and what color binding would you suggest?

Once this is done, I'm going to just sit awhile on this project so ideas might come to me on the wall hanging and/or head board ideas for the head of the bed. As you can see it's bare. I'll put an old picture up in the meantime.

Thanks for any input you have! Karen

This was my first attempt at raw edge applique, tube piecing and making yoyo's. Such fun!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]225751[/ATTACH]

The flowers are called French Roses and will fray nicely when washed
[ATTACH=CONFIG]225757[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-225745.jpe   attachment-225746.jpe   attachment-225747.jpe   attachment-225751.jpe   attachment-225759.jpe