Old 07-13-2011, 09:29 AM
Doreen

I just recently asked questions about heart attack survivors. I hadn't read this post. Thanks so much.
I just wasn't feeling well but I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong. I had my husband drive me to Urgent Care. Well, they would not acept my insurance. I went to 3 care centers. The one that did, said I should have an EKG. After a few seconds of being hooked up, she said you are having a heart attack. An ambulance showed up almost before she finished her sentence. I was carried out into an ambulance and taken to the ER of the hospital, which was only 1 block away. I never thought to go to the ER right away. Within 45 minutes I was in the ER and they input 2 stents.
I was preped, introduced to the Dr.who explained the procdure. For some reason I was very calm. I don't think my mind understood what was happening. About a wk after being released from the hospital I had respiratory failure. This time I was having problems getting a deep breathe, my husband wanted to drive me to the hospital but I told him to call an ambulance. hat was worse than the HA. I panicked and had to be restrained and they ended up have to put the tube down my throat. When I awoke I didn't know what had happened. My husband says I don't want to know.
So, if you have problems, don't wait. go to the Dr or to the ER.