View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Jamiestitcher62

I'm so excited. It didn't start off good, I went to another rescue organization and they wouldn't let me adopt because Schmoo is an indoor/outdoor cat and I couldn't promise that eventually the new kitty wouldn't be allowed outside. Schmoo is only outside occasionally, when we are home and never out overnight. I was really surprised.

Then I went to a rescue right around the corner from where I work and they said pretty much the same thing, except that they had cats that had been allowed outside and those would be ok. They first wanted me to take another cat named Blossom, she was feisty, but lost interest quickly and walked away. Misty was sitting up with her tail wrapped around her pretty feet just looking at me. I pointed to her and said I like her, what about her. The lady said she wasn't sure, but since she came from a hoarder and he said most of his cats had been outside, she wasn't going to make a big deal out of it.

Anyway, Misty comes over and I sit on the floor, she lays down next to my leg and just stays there the entire time I was filling out the paperwork. She adopted me.