Thread: Husbands
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 12:49 PM
MargeD
Power Poster

I don't think men ever do understand about our sewing machines or our "stash". However, when I made this year's family reunion quilt and didn't need to buy background or backing fabric, he didn't "gritch" so much about my stash. Fortunately for me, my girlfriend, to whom I had passed on the bulk of my stash that I had to get rid of, had saved a large piece of fabric that I had given her and not only was it large enough to back the king size quilt, I have between 5-6 yards left. The funny part is that another friend had given it to me when she cleaned out her MIL's fabric and I think Bea had wanted to make curtains or something. The quilt was Sister's Choice, in memory of my sister who passed away 2 years ago, 2 months after the last reunion. She always gave my husband ducks for Christmas and the fabric had a very small canadian goose pattern. Talk about kismet. I'm sure she's laughing up in heaven. Before we moved I think I had 6 machines, 2 in cabinets, but I gave away all but 3 of them, which I moved with me. When my machine needs to get serviced, I want to be able to sew or quilt, as the spirit moves.