Old 07-13-2011, 01:46 PM
thrums

Today I visited Silver Threads-N-Golden Needles in Chapel Hill, TN. It was my first visit and I was impressed with the shop, but importantly experienced more than excellent customer service.

As I entered the door I was greeted by owner Cindy and shown around the shop. I had originally planned to stop for a few minutes, but the ladies there (including customers, drop-in quilters and Needlegrammy :wink: ) were so helpful I stayed 2 hours. I received advice from Needlegrammy for three baby quilts and received personal help for fabric selection.

When the bill rang up it was $50 less than I expected as fabric is priced at $8.50 or less a yard. (I purchased some at $6.50/yard.) Bali Pops were $31.

Formerly a house/florist, Silver Threads organizes each room by fabric theme. The living room is a group sewing room...ie. You can bring you machine in to sew any day (unless there's a workshop). Cindy has a longarm room too.

Needlegrammy is hoping a group of quilters from Middle TN become an established group meeting there on a regular basis.

By the way, I did not (will not) get any perks by posting this message. It's a nice shop and I want to help promote businesses in my area.

PS Needlegrammy told me about the QB doll quilt exchange. It sounds like something I can do!