Thread: fabric sheets
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 05:10 AM
Cookn

Yes Maam, I ordered from Fabric Organizer. I ordered from them for a couple of reasons. First I realized that they are more expensive but they have a couple of features that we really liked. The one for Fat Quarters and the one for longer yardage are the same size so it negates having to have two different shelf sizes to store it on. We plan to store by color and having two different places to store different sizes would be counter productive for us. One of the problems we have now, is knowing we have something and not being able to find it because it is stored different places. We end up digging through boxes, totes, closets, wherever there is an open space has fabric stashed there. Our goal is to have it all in one place and being able to visualize color combinations just by looking.

Second the Fabric Organizers have tabs built in to hold the fabric and hopefully make it easier to manage. With the tabs we'll be able to secure the fabric to the card and have a neater installation.

With the money we, as quilters, spend on fabric, it made sense to us to protect the investment. Considering that most quilters have several hundred to a few thousand dollars invested in fabric, it, to us was a good purchase to allow our large and growing larger fabric stash to be easier to use.