Thread: Fabric on hand
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Skeat
Here I am!!:)That is exactly what I do!LOL Here's the facts of why...I am too cheap! The only time I buy fabric that is not for a project is an occassional fat quarter. That is it. I buy from a list for a specific project(s)...and, sometimes that will continue for awhile depending on the project. I stack my boxes and baskets w/a tag hanging off the fron't of them to tell me what project it is for and if there is still a need to fill on the inside of that:). Sometimes we are in a mood to applique, sometimes something crazy and then other times a sampler...any which way-I am ready or almost:)I'd love to go to a fabric store and just buy 3yrds of this or 3yrds of that...but, even if you gave me a $100 to do that....I'd never be able to decide. I'd stand there for days trying to debate if it was fabric I actually could use, if it is just cute at the moment....and will it be outdated before I'd get to it...then the practical side kicks in w/'you have plenty to do at home'....which works unless I find something I have to make now...which causes me to buy for just that project:)I wish I could just stack fabrics! Maybe someone needs to hold my hand and pull me thru the process to the register!LOL Skeat
well, Skeat, some would feel sorry for you, but I wish I were more like this...sometimes, lol.
I think it's bc I have grandbabies. I am not just a quilter...eegads, we have a 'sewer' in our mist...(hex signs...back you beast)...just kidding, I know that there are others, who do sewing projects, and not just quilts.
Saying, that a lot of my stuff, is bought with abandon, bc i cannot resist, 'cute'. I am a sucker for it.
In reality, if I don't become a machine demon, pretty soon, all four, will outgrow these fabrics. Guess i will make charity quilts then...for children.
Part of me, just never grew up, all the way. I love kiddy stuff. I love sappy, and cute, and frilly, and oh, you name it. If it's fun, i'm there. :wink:
You must be very organized, and don't have stuff spilling over, hogging all your house space, and hubby is content.
My hubby has learned to live with me having the biggest room in the house...and I have mentioned more than once, that we should have taken this room for our bedroom, but, the one we use, has the master bath.
anywhoo, he is just afraid, that one day, this room is going to explode and consume another room. Hey, what's wrong with that, I ask?
I have gotten better, about budgeting, and really good, at rearranging to find more room, lol.
I try to be frugal, and do ok, till it comes to the babies. SUCKER! see it on my forehead? lol. I am a good nana, though, and they have to pick up toys, eat in dining room, and cannot watch parent no-no tv programs.
I said, I'm sentimental, doesn't mean, I don't do what's good for them.
I'm balanced in everyroom except a fabric store...there...depends on the day, and my wallet. :wink: