Old 07-13-2011, 08:33 PM
Charming

Thank you so much for the ideas. Actually the family is in MI and I am in California, so i don't really know what the laws are there, but i will mention this to my husband so he can tell the family's friend about that.
You are right about the reason because it was meant to be for them, but the need of the family i guess brought up the suggestion of the raffle or auction. I just hope they know what they are doing to be worth it for them.
Originally Posted by Prism99
Lovely quilt!

Is it a raffled? Or an auction? If it's legal in your state, I would ask those in charge to sell raffle tickets for the quilt instead of doing an auction -- tends to bring in a *lot* more money. I personally refuse to donate a quilt to a cause unless it will be raffled off (and they allow enough time before the event to sell as many tickets as possible). $1 per ticket is good, with 6 tickets for $5.

There is another recent thread here about charity quilts and how so many of them "go" for less than the cost of the materials in them at auctions, especially silent auctions. Raffles are so much better.....