Thread: Fabric on hand
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 09:20 AM
JoanneS

Hey quiltncrazy - my feeling is that the MBR doesn't need to be the biggest BR in the house. Just needs to be big enough for a bed, closet & dresser - and of course needs to be close to a bathroom. The BIGGEST room in the HOUSE has to be big enough to hold my STASH! Or in my case 2 rooms. The smallest room in the house holds my 2 sewing machines & serger, a small closet full of batting and sewing stuff, 2 dressers full of STASH & scraps, all upper walls lined with bookcases full of STASH, and a filing cabinet with patterns & other stuff. The biggest bedroom has bookcases with STASH, an ironing board, a big cutting table with STASH under it, a chair hidden under WIPs, 2 small dressers with scraps and 4 small dressers with languishing (I love that word) other crafts (scrapbooking & pictures, jewelry-making stuff & beads). My design wall is in the hall between the 2 rooms. I suppose I should take pictures - but I have to finish the black and white exchange blocks first. I'll take a picture of the STASH and sewing room when I do that AND a picture for my new avatar. Whew ! I can't believe I just said all that.