Old 07-14-2011, 04:28 AM
Annaquilts
Power Poster

This is so wrong and I think it should have been reported to the organization. I see this more often people showing up before hand that are involved some how and "buying" some beautiful donated items for almost nothing. This basket was donated to be auctioned off not to be "stolen".

Originally Posted by charity-crafter
I understand completely. Back when I was making dolls, the church I attended was raising money and asked for items to go into a silent auction. I put together a basket with an 18" doll, 2 cute seasonal dresses-christmas and Easter, some accessories etc easily worth a min of $50. I went to the silent auction and didn't see my doll set. Later I found one of the lady's who set up the auction thought it would be a cute present for her granddaughter and dontaed $5 for it.

I was furious, because I made my dolls to give to children at a local children's hospital. I sold some for ~$35 each occassionaly to support my fabric and stuffing needs.

The next time they came to me asking for a doll I gave them $5. "That's what my work is worth to you people."