Thread: Hot tubs
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 07:12 AM
Helovesme

We purchased a Sundance Spa. It was a closeout and a floor model and we literally purchased it on December 31st for $3,000 less than the asking price - just because they didn't want to carry that model over into the next year. My husband uses it ALL THE TIME. He swears by it. I only get in occasionally. Um...oh, we also knew we were going to get one, so we had our house prewired for it. It takes a different voltage of wire (am I saying this correctly?) Anyway, we are also in the construction business and he made out good on a couple of "favors" from his concrete subcontractor and got the slab poured for nothing. All this to say is you can probably get a really good price on a hottub, but the extras may cost you. Running the electrical, concrete slab, etc. If you know anyone in the business, contact them. The spa seller will be able to recommend a contractor to you, but they may overcharge. I hope this info is helpful to you. Anything else you may have questions on, feel free to contact me. Oh, and I noticed that my electric bill is about $25-30 per month higher since we've had the hottub.