View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 06:38 PM
Piedmont Quilter

Thanks again everyone for the support. I appreciate it more than you will ever know.

Well ~ day 1 is nearing an end. Don't know that I made much progress today. Started out good the in AM, but around 1:00pm the neighbor came knocking at the door in a panic. Seams as though her 24 year old son died today of internal suffication. ME (medical examiner) will not finish autopsy till Monday or Tuesday and it could be up to 3+ months before they have a final determination. One thing they did mention ~ did you know that you could go swimming one day, and drown the next from the water left in your lungs? They are also looking into the possibility of some type of infection, since he has had a VERY bad caugh since returning from Iraq over a year ago. So ~~~ to say the least, my attempts to quit today failed, but I will stay on the med (Chantix) and continue to work towards my goal.

When you pray for my success, please say a prayer for my neighbor, Lisa. She will need all the good thougts and prayer she can get in the next few days. I just cannot fathom the thought of losing a child.

Piedmont Quilter
Rebecca