Old 05-16-2009, 07:02 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lyndawn
I'm not a good one to talk you out of starting a new project, but I might be able to help you finish the old ones. I find that I sometimes need a little pressure (from myself) to finish projects.

Sometimes it helps to tell someone else that you plan to finish this or that project by a certain time for a gift for someone. Then you feel obligated to get it done because someone is expecting to hear about the recipient receiving the gift. Really spurns me on to getting things done.

Lynette
I have to be careful, bc in theory, this sounds like a good technique for me, but depending on the circumstances, and who the person is, telling somebody about a project for them, makes me feel like running the other way. i don't know why. I just freeze up sometimes under pressure, so I have learned, NOT to tell somebody i'm working on something of theirs. When I am done, i'm done, and then they are surprised.
Just thought, I would give you the advantage of seeing both sides of a coin.
Telling is what I call, throwing your hat over the fence...now I have to go get it. It really works...sometimes. I am a conundrum. It may work for you! :D