Old 07-14-2011, 10:55 AM
lovelyl

[quote=JoanneS]
Originally Posted by lovelyl
I am so sorry! I JUST went through this in June! I lost a lot of stuff, but one thing that saved my bookmarks was that I had created an igoogle page (very easy to do) and put most of my bookmarks there. That way they are saved on the web, not just on your computer and will be there if your computer crashes. There are other places that will store your bookmarks besides igoogle - ikeepbookmarks.com - portaportal.com (one of my favorites!) and of course, the My Pages here on this board. Good luck getting your bookmarks back! Hugs.
To create an igoogle page, go to this link and follow the directions. http://www.google.com/support/websea...ource=ig&hl=en
After you create your page you will see an option to Add Stuff on the far right of your page in blue print. Click on this and search for bookmarks. Choose the bookmark icon (apps) you like best (I use the first one) and choose Add. It will then be part of your igoogle page.
I set my igoogle page as my home page and it comes up every time I go to the interet with all my bookmarks right there. You can all kinds of apps to your page - a great time saver!