View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 12:20 PM
BuzzinBumble

Originally Posted by MTS
Ah, ok, you used their picture of the finished block. Got it now!

It's a great fabric combo.
Oh poop, here I was trying to make sure I gave jordansoforegon the credit for the log cabin block, but just to be more clear: before I decided to purchase the kit, I used their photo of the finished block and pasted into the Paint program, figured out which arrangement I liked best and then which fabrics to use for borders. That way I could see what a beautiful quilt it would be when done. But you certainly can, and I have, use Paint to design the whole square from scratch.

1234Irene, I'm not very computer literate, but we have Windows 2000 on our computer and the Paint program came with it. Not sure if that will tell you which version it is or not. One of the draw backs with this program is that it works easiest with straight lines.

I'd like to show you another quilt design that I used Paint and Kaleidoscope creator to create. (My design inspiration curve is too far ahead of my quilting learning curve) ;) This one happened to come into my mind when I fell for the Imperial 6 collection of fabrics from Robert Kaufman. It makes a very large quilt though, so I need to play around more if I wish to make a smaller one.

Imperial 6 Moonlit Cranes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]226426[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-226420.jpe