Old 07-14-2011, 12:48 PM
luvTooQuilt

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Heres the quilt top I made for my hubby.. finished construction of the top in three days ( took a day to DE-construct the flannel shirts.. ) I ended up using pellon on the shirts as some were worn and super stretchy.. I HIGHLY recommend using something to stabilize it.. it was a major pain without it... it made it a lil thicker and a lil bit stiffer but after a few times thru the wash it'll be nice and comfy cozy.. I machine pieced it on my baby lock until it started acting up then i used my pfaff for the border- it too was acting up as well. They are both in need of a good cleaning.. Not sure how im going to quilt it as of yet, might just tie it.. This will be for his birthday. He lost his dad a few months ago and of course its never easy losing a loved one, let alone a parent...he lost his mom 3 yrs ago to cancer, then his dad passes earlier this year, so needless to say things are a lil rough for him these days.. Well i decided to use his fathers flannel shirts, cut out and used the pockets too when I could.. made a simple block with red cornerstones.. I know its busy but i wanted to use his dads shirts and thats what i had on hand.. But now for the hard part, I want to enclose a lil poem with the top.. Do any of you have Any suggestions for the 'perfect wording' for my letter and/or poem that i want to enclose with the quilt?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-226434.jpe   attachment-226435.jpe