View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 02:42 PM
Mattee

Actually, "dying" is the more frequently accepted spelling. Although both may be used, traditionalists certainly prefer "dying."

As for a dying art, I don't think that it is, but it would help if older generations did their part to make it more accessible to the younger generations, if they want to pass down the tradition. I've had a lot of very discouraging encounters with ladies who feel that I, as a young person, must be doing something wrong or have some sort of weird motivation for being in a quilt shop.

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
see...the wording of the Title "dying breed" had me yelling YES>>....we LOVE to DYE......

as for Dieing..I doubt it...way too many cool gadgets to keep the "get it done NOW" generation interested!
The day they are told to do anything the REAL way...they will drop it in a heartbeat...

NOW will it die in the traditional quilting sense..NO...this is a HUGE industrial craft...it branches into so many different venues now that there will always be room for the traditional. Even now with more of the GREENIE movement you find more traditional means of sewing/quilting, etc popping up in blogs!