View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 03:27 PM
Nanamoms

Well, I picked up my "pretty" today. Had to remove the irons with part of the top to get her in my car but was soooo easy even though the screws are very old.

Funny story (well kinda), I put the top of the cabinet and the machine in my backseat and the irons in my trunk. Ok, I was coming home and needed to make a left hand turn on a major highway that is partly under construction. Well, I was trying to make my turn (no turn lane) with my blinker on and there was an 18 wheeler behind me. Well, you would think he would be watching and not flying, especially with all the construction areas. He almost rear ended me (well Me and my machine would have been flattened!!) and HE BLEW HIS HORN at ME!!!! UGH!!! All I could see was a Big Blue Monster bearing down on me. I has to stop in the crossover, I was shaking so badly.

In addition, guess where my "pretty" that was in the backseat ended up, Yep, halfway on the seat and halfway on the floor of the car. Luckily no damage was done to her or to ME!! Just goes to show that even if you are "old" (me and the machine), we hold together well.

The wood in the cabinet is soooo pretty. She even has the original belt!! I pulled the staple out so it could be unhook from the hand wheel. Now, just to give her a great Spa Treatment!! That will probably have to wait until we get over the 100 degree weather here in MS!