Old 07-14-2011, 03:37 PM
miriam
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by Cheri_J
Sob Sob Sob... I have seven vintage singers - dated between 1921 - 1924. Three are portables - in the coffin wooden cases and three are in the treadle cabinets. One is "loose" no case or cabinet. The reason I'm sad is because my husband refuses to let me bring anymore home. He thinks seven machines is enough. He said we don't have enough house to have any more. He is right, we really don't have the room, but I would love to have more. Everyone's machines are great here.
Mine asked today just what I was going to do with all of them. I think I'll be good for awhile till the heat is off.

Texas Jan (who bought one today)
I have one on CL and somebody didn't show to get it tonight. I don't even know how many I have right now - some really do need to go. I gave some in the garage here, some at another garage, some in the basement in all kinds of hidyholes. Some are parts machines for sure. Some actually work, some need some kind of attention... and then there are some that probably need more than I know how to do yet - I'll get there...