Old 07-14-2011, 07:23 PM
MsEithne

Originally Posted by BettyJean
I have admired your quilts and feel some people just don't get what time, energy, and thought we put into making them. I made a crocheted ABC blanket for Relay for Life to auction off and the lady liked it so much she never put it in the auction. I was really p.o.'ed but there's nothing we could do? She asked me to do one the next year, I declined.
I am not a lawyer and you may very well not feel like making any more fuss about it, but...

I believe that what she did is fraudulent conversion. You donated that blanket under specific terms. The person in charge diverted your donation to a different purpose than the terms you donated under.

It is one of those things where lots of people do it on a minor scale and a few people do it on a massive scale (charities whose "overhead" is 99% of the money they raise, etc).

As I said, you may very well not feel like taking any action and no one would blame you. What a thankless task it would be! But if you did take action, it could help curtail other such minor instances of fraud which end up siphoning lots of money away from charitable causes each year.