View Single Post
Old 07-14-2011, 07:57 PM
PrettyCurious

I went out for a day on the town. Was meeting my friend in Frankenmuth [her idea], and she got delayed. So what do I do to kill time? Go to garage sales on the way.
Found a Domestic Treadle machine, and was lookin at it, trying to find stuff wrong, and a reason not to buy it. Mind you I was only talkin to myself inside my head, while pokin and peekin at the machine. The lady misunderstood, and kept comming down in price. Finally I had to buy it. I had to open all my car doors, take everything outa the back seat, and put in the trunk. Took two of us to get it in there.
but she is such a sweet thang.
Box fulla assessories, and a little wear to the wood . ..
My hubby will have a fit!!!
Cares to the wind, now, how could it be worse when I come home with a car fulla sewing machine history?
After hooking up with the friend, whose fault it was for the delay that resulted in my having too much time on my hands, and finding this machine, I found a quilt shop. In fact, finding the quilt shop was her fault too, because she kept me waiting outside the drug store, while she ran back in for something, and there it was - a quilt shop hiding on the next street behind the drug store.
So in I go, bought 8 - 1/2yrd pcs for my Sun Bonnet Sue quilt, and found the trapazoid ruler I was looking for . . No, I don't need it now, but if I didn't buy it, I would need it imediately.
Another store, a cotton/wool mill my bad friend forced me into this time [I swear!] found me with 4 bags of remnants and a 3yd mini bolt.
Before leave the scene of many crimes, I called a neighbor and asked if they would be home to help me unload the machine, and would they please hide it at their house until my Hubby goes on his trip in 2 weeks.
So with the cover up all planned, and treats bought to insure the silence of my accomplices, I bid my friend farewell, and headed home.
Almost there, I noticed a new Sal's had popped up in an old town I used to frequent, so I had to stop in. Carried out a giant bag of quilt fabric pieces for $6
Made it home, got My sweet lil Domestic Diva tucked in for the night, with a promise to vist her next Tues when DH goes to work, and a box of chocolate covered caramel corn to my partners in crime.

I now have 2 weeks to decide how to bury the bo . . I mean which machine to sell. My singer Red head would get awfully jealous if she knew. but my hubby would be awfully mad . . .

Yep, I've been a bad girl!

Which machine would you keep?
Domestic or Singer?
Attached Thumbnails attachment-226601.jpe