Old 07-15-2011, 04:46 AM
fatsewcat

That is something I want to accomplish...minis. I have done a few but I still need to perfect my technique because I am still learning paper piecing. I have even checked my scraps of this project to make sure I can make a mini. I have already figured I can shrink it down to 17 to 23". So my scraps are going into a baggie for future sewing.

Do you have any tips you can share on doing minis? I would love to hear about some things I could look out for.

RHONDA WROTE:
Yes I am a miniaturist. I dont' make the big quilts. I have made 4 large quilts but one top was never backed or quilted. I prefer the minis. They give me alot of variety and they sell well.

Hand quilting fascinates me but I could never get the hang of it. I want to stitch as I would for a satin embroidery stitch. I hand stitched seams that way for years and it is a habit to sew that way. Being able to rock a needle to do that many stitches is something I find hard to do. I hate thimbles for one thing. I used to use the side of one finger for a thimble. It is still thick skin there even tho I dont' do it anymore. I have no problem taking my blood sugar because I don't feel the prick in that finger all that much due to my former sewing habits! LOL[/quote]