View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 05:35 AM
jaciqltznok
Banned

Originally Posted by YukonViv
Guess what...I'll be there too!!!!

I live in the Yukon and we'll be taking a road trip to Anchorage, we should be there on tuesday and staying for a few days.

We've eached picked our "spot"...I'll be going to the 3 quilt shops (where the prices will still be cheaper then the Yukon), my youngest daughter has picked the zoo and the water park, my older daughter has picked the mall (seriously, we do not have a mall in the Yukon, we're all hoping it has an escalator), my girl friend that is coming with us is looking forward to the seafood.

If you go on Wednesday or thursday to the shops, look for a chunky 40something native woman with short dark hair with purple streaks.

That won't be me....

just kidding!!! That'll be me.
OMGosh....the mall...boy does it have escalator..two..it is 3 storied tall...LOVE that mall...better than anything in Oklahoma that is for sure!

and for seafood, you HAVE to find a restaurant called the GALLEY...it is THE best place to eat in Anchorage...well, unless you want steak then it is the Paris club..and for prime rib it would be Snowgoose down town..hehehe

I really miss Alaska...you guys will have a blast!
Maybe my fave artist will be in town at the gallery..Barbara Lavallee! Stop in and give her a shout out!

You will find that Anchorage is VERY artsy/crafty...so many great fiber/textile artists and craftsmen are there or in that area!