View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 09:06 AM
Hen3rietta

Why I like QB. There is room for everyone here. You can have a conversation. Members can take what they want and leave the rest. Kudos to the moderators.

I belong, make that belonged, to another quite large online group, that I had stopped checking for a while because the same topics were coming up over and over again with the same replies and there was nothing that I felt I could contribute to with my take or experiences. Recently I started checking again and saw a post about a certain quilting tool having been a bad investment. There were various responses to this so I jumped in with my comments which were on topic and no longer than any others I've read on the site and received an email from the "owner" of the site saying essentially that my post was too long and repetitive. Over the course of the years I was with that group, I think I only posted about 2 dozen times, because I prefer to post something that adds to the conversation, not a repeat of something already said. The same is true here with the exception being to welcome new members. There the more welcomes the better IMHO.

I thought about responding to the moderator's email pointing out the discrimination as my response was no different from many others to other topics and decided that it just wasn't worth the effort. I just removed myself from the group. But it still rankles. End of rant.

Thanks for listening. I just had to get it out of my system.