View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:28 AM
incoming2me

This was the response I got from the seller:

If box was crushed you should not have opened it.Take it to post office and see what they can do.Get back with me about the post office option.Sorry about problem
This is my response to the seller:

I truly had hopes that there was no damage to the machine or case as I had thought the case itself would have been packaged a bit more securely. (bubble wrapped?)
I took the package to the Spring, TX Panther Creek Post Office this morning.
After explaining that the package had been left on our doorstep in this condition, I was told that the package had been marked "Delivered" and as insurance was not purchased, there is nothing the Post Office would do.
There was no option in the auction to purchase insurance.

Would you like me to send pictures of the damages? Although the case is destroyed, the machine appears to be okay. I have not tried to operate it.
I bought this with the intention of teaching my 4 year old daughter to sew - I'm a quilter and she wants to do as Mommy does!

As I've mentioned before, in my 10 years as a member of ebay, I've never had to deal with an item that was damaged in shipping.
(I've even purchased a car and had it transport shipped to me!)

One of these options would be acceptable to me:

1) Reimbursement of the original transaction ($27.05) PLUS return shipping of the item back to you ($10.80)
Seller to reimburse: $37.85
This does not include the $10.80 already spent with USPS to mail it here.

2) Reimbursement of the item only, I keep the machine with the destroyed case.
Seller to reimburse: $16.25

Please let me know which option is acceptable to you.
Thank you

I've not opened an ebay case.
According to ebay's site, I should try to resolve it with the seller first.
I'm giving an opportunity.. Resolution Center is the next step.

I think I was reasonable in the options I presented.
What do you think?