Old 07-15-2011, 02:38 PM
Just-Lee

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
I had trouble for quite awhile with too much binding folding to the back of my quilt. The front and back were obviously uneven (wider on the back than front) and that bugged me. I was cutting my strips at 2 1/2". I tried using 2" strips and that worked really well for just barely covering the stitches when folded to the back. I pretty much use the same kind of batting with all my quilts so thickness doesn't vary much at all from quilt to quilt.

As for hand stitching, it is hard to describe. The link that Chele posted for Dreamweavers tutorial is a good one. It has really clear pictures. It's the site I found when I was trying to figure out how to hand stitch binding.

I wish I was closer because I would gladly help you with both binding and FMQ. I'm not perfect at either but I've come a long ways with both since I first started quilting. But alas, KY is quite a ways from MS. :)

Aww, thanks for your kind offer! I wish I was closer too, just because you are so nice to offer help to a dummy like me! lol