Thread: Donation Quilts
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 03:23 PM
Maybe1day

Originally Posted by Maybe1day
Due to the rising cost of everything I now ask the charity I donate these particular quilts to for a receipt for the cost of materials (not my time) and will claim the cost of my donations on tax.

Win win outcome

Maybe1day

Your quite right cjtinkle, it is only registered charities that your able to claim your donations through, that is why I said charity. While I consider all the quilts I donate to be charity quilts I do not donate quilts that I consider adult style quilts (as in they would likely not appeal to children) to the childrens hospital for example, but to registered charities such as the Cancer foundation, the Parkinson Assoc etc and from these places I do now ask for a tax receipt if I think it is appropriate. Mind you I also only donate one large quilt to each of these places per year. There is a limit on what you are able to claim and definately a limit as to how many large quilts I can make or am willing to make for each. Childrens quilts though I make and donate personally between 6 & 8 per year. Everything that I pass on to the childrens hospital is not claimable.