View Single Post
Old 05-17-2009, 08:38 PM
quiltswithdogs

OK... now I can tell you how this story ended for my sweet daughter.
In a nutshell, all your kind prayers worked wonderfully; her news is Great!

She is safe, no asthma problems, her little dog is safe, it was a close call for her house, but it and her possessions ie violin, quilts, photos, car, were not damaged, her business was not damaged by fire, her housemate's cat is fine, her business partner's grandfather's big house was not reached by the fire.

They did not cancel their Open house/ Ribbon-cutting Ceremony. Ash all over was cleaned up and guess what... their missing new business sign magically showed up in time! It turns out, the sign maker was worried about the fire reaching there so he took it for safe keeping! Even though a few of their biggest investors lost their homes and the whole county was still in flux, they had a great attendance of over 100 people! Even Girl Scouts came since she has been a big supporter. My hubby made the 8hour drive to help her. She wants Grandma and me to visit when she has time to spend with us. With my mom being 88 and my medical issues, we would have been a distracting concern for her during those days. Hubby says the people at the event told him stories about how she helped them. Nice.

Thank you again, everybody!

See a photo below, Cathy

my daughter, Vanessa
[ATTACH=CONFIG]35360[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-35360.jpe