Old 07-15-2011, 08:26 PM
QuilterMomma

Originally Posted by fromzstore
Originally Posted by toriabelle
Originally Posted by JanetWall
Ok I CAN NOT do this. To all my partners I can only do EMBROIDERY BLOCK"S . I have been working on this block for two day's. And it comes out to 12 inch not 12 1\2. So I'm hanging up my hat. Only Embroidery blocks from me. If I don't have the design you want it's cheaper for me to buy it than waist all of this fabric trying to get these blocks right. So Thank you for letting me vent. I'm so mad at myself right now.
If you're not using a 1/4" foot--get one. Best investment I ever made.
Me to
Also suggesting that when you cut your fabric, got this from several shows and I do it myself, that when you place the line on the ruler, that you are generous on that line/ It may seem odd, but it has helped me so much for getting the block to come out to the right size. I hope this helps. Also, to help find if you are doing the best size on your seam, take two 10" strips cut 2" each. Sew your quarter inch. Measure result to see that it measures 3.5". If it does not, keep working it till it does. Marys SUe Collins book helped me out on this. You are going to get there. We have all experienced this.