Old 07-15-2011, 08:37 PM
BarbaraSue

The only advice I will give you is that you both need to believe in each other as the person they are as well as who they will become. Meaning: you must allow each other to grow as an individual as you are growing as a couple.
Neither should be stifled/smothered/denied the opportunity to learn, to have hobbies, or to give up dreams. You each have the the right to be the you you want to be.
Talk honestly about your dreams/wishes and where you want to be in 5 more years. Listen to each other.
An example is my DH and I will be married 40 years this fall. We both went back to school and got our degrees after we were married and with kids. I love to sew and quilt; he does woodworking. He is taking flying lessons as he always wanted to fly. We moved from southern IN to central IL for his job opportunity. It was a mutual decision.
Lastly, do not assume anything. That can be the start of taking for granted what one of you do for the relationship. It takes 2 (3 if you include God) to make a marriage, but it only takes one to make a mess that ends it all. Good Luck!:)