View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 04:02 AM
Suzi

Originally Posted by feline fanatic
No you are not being too sensitive. I think you did a great save incorporating the theme into the already started quilt. And I don't care how many times it happens but everytime someone refers to a quilt as a "blanket" it cuts me like a knife and I am sometimes noticeably taken aback. I remember when I was visiting with my DH at his work and we were discussing my LA when his coworker said "oh you will be able to make lots of blankets with that". The look on my face must have given him pause because then he corrected himself and called them quilts. 8-)

The bru-ha-ha over the tied fleece when your quilt barely received a second glance also would have upset me, so you are not being too sensitive. It has been said here before and I know it is easier said than done, when we gift a quilt we must gift it and not look back. Yes it is disappointing when they aren't well received but not everyone loves quilts like we do. this is just one of the many reasons the QB is so great. Our quilts get the ooohing and aaaahing they rightfully deserve even if they don't get it from a gift recipient. We know the value of them, the cost of making them and the time, effort and love we put into all of them. So please know your quilt was indeed wonderful and completely let it go if you never see it in use.
This was stated beautifuly and mirrors my thoughts exactly. Your joy was in the making of this little beauty and then in the giving ... if the recipient was less than enthusiastic that's their problem. I'm sorry the lack of reactions hurt (been there, done that) but that won't stop you from making (and giving) another beautiful quilt, will it?