Old 07-16-2011, 06:19 AM
Bennett

Originally Posted by dirty1mom
I brought home a little machine Thursday night, front says Sewrite, back says Regal. It was free in small cabinet. Notice the small/little reference. The motor is gone. My question is, can I put a Kenmore motor on it? And if I do, will it work right? Camera dead or I would post pics. Then yesterday I drove down to Columbus, OH and picked up a red eye treadle, dirty, but decals, irons in great shape. Cabinet needs work. I also brought home 2 Kenmores. Now I have 4 machines sitting in my kitchen. My son just shook his head and went home after unloading.
:-D I know what you mean. I am seeing so many machines now! I think I'm in that "oh, must get them all" phase. I think this is going to be known as "that summer I went crazy and bought all those sewing machines."

I have seen sewing machines where former owners put different brand motors/sewing machines together. If the motor is good, fits without getting in the way of anything, and a belt fits right, it might just be a matter of cosmetics as to whether or not you would want to use it.

I don't know any specifics on yours though. Does the machine have anything wired through it into a motor? (I'm used to mine that have built in motors rather than belts/separate motors).