View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 07:10 AM
SandyinZ4

Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
NICE! I need to find some directions :D
The round one is easy. Cut two circles approx. 5-6 inches across. (Plus 2 muslin or another scrappy fabric to make top fabric stronger.) With wrong sides together, stitch almost all the way around. Turn right side out. Stuff fairly firmly but remember that you don't want it real tight because the threads have to be able to squish the fabric in a bit. I found some kind of stout colored thread. Can't tell you what kind it was. I first tried embroidery thread but it broke when I pulled. I would think fishing line might work too. Pick out two buttons and be sure and get a really LONG length of thread. It is a bit difficult getting the cushion squished to get thread so you need a really long big eye needle. I found it was easier to wait and sew the button on* last after I had made the little divided sections with the thread. The square one was just made with 3 sections of fabric; two squares and a long strip for the middle. Hint* When sewing on the button, leave a long tail when you first start so you can tie off the ends. A long needle makes it impossible to finish off the button in the normal way. Hope this helps.