View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 06:14 AM
omak

Originally Posted by katier825
Definitely invest in the walking foot! I can't believe I sewed for so many years without it. Now that I have it, I could never quilt without it! I also find it easier to "scrunch" up my quilt, rather than roll it. I seem to be able to maneuver it better to where I want it to go.
:)
"Scrunching! That was what I was trying to say! Thank you ... good team work! And, I will encourage the walking foot as others have spoken about. The first one I ever bought cost $35 .... now, they are less than twenty dollars in any sewing machine repair shop or even your local quilting store. The key thing you have to know about your sewing machine when selecting sewing machine feet is your shank (the place the foot is attached) ... it is a high or low shank ... Basically, if you want to machine quilt, a walking foot for straight lines, the hopping foot (or embroidery foot, or it might be called a darning foot) ... those two feet will allow you a great deal of freedom to develop your style. And, as a gentle reminder for anyone using the hopping foot - - BE CERTAIN that you have lowered your foot when beginning to quilt, or you will get loops and rats' nests on the back of your quilt like nobody's business! Ask me how I know <g> on second thought, trust me like your mother! :lol: