Old 07-16-2011, 08:29 AM
paintmejudy

When I first made a Dresden plate table topper, I found a few things that made it easier for me, and Deb said I can share with the group. So, here are my minor additions to Deb's fabulous tute posted on the spring flowers thread.

I glued the paper onto a piece of plastic template and cut the long from corner to corner. .
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227208[/ATTACH]

I cut the strips 4 wide and traced around them with a sharpie, the one called fine not extra find, and then cut down the middle of the line. I ended up not cutting the scoop out of the top because it really isn't neccessary with such a small piece.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227209[/ATTACH]

After folding the pieces together, I chain stitch them together to prevent the little knots and rat's nests that sometimes happen. When I get to the fold, back stitch one or two stitches so the point does not open when the turn the corner.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227210[/ATTACH]

Match the slanted edge and the long straight side, having pieces meet for a perfect corner. And press seams open, not to one side.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]227212[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-227202.jpe   attachment-227203.jpe   attachment-227204.jpe   attachment-227206.jpe