View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 10:47 AM
laceybritt

Cheryl I agree!!!,
We received a baby shower invitation 2 years ago from a distant relative of hubby's. I embroidered 4 baby burp cloths and mailed them. We did not receive a thank you, no birth announcement, NADA, 2 years later we have heard nothing, so I no longer take the time to make nice gifts for someone I don't know. OTHER THAN CHARITY LOL!!!!! I have made charity gifts that the people have found a way to let me know the gift was appreciated, made my heart feel good. IMO any time I receive an invitation from out of town they are simply looking for a gift VERY SAD!!!!
Originally Posted by clynns
We received a graduation invite for the children of my DH cousin. Now mind you we hadn't seen his cousin in at least 8 years. No Christmas cards, no phone call, nothing. I threw it in the trash. I think it's rude to request ANYTHING. A gift is given from someone. A gift is NOT requested. If you want to make something for the child, by all means go ahead. But since they are rude enough to request GC, they probably won't send a thank you card either. Times are getting harder and for someone, anyone to tell you what to give is rude. I'd pass.