Old 07-16-2011, 11:13 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by qbquilts
Hi ladies and gents. I got bit by the 4-patch posies blocks and stacked, whacked, and sewed this morning. It is a Joann's "premium" Legacy Studio Fabric - Bobbish Flower A/O Floral.

The blocks finish at 4.5", so I'm planning on adding a .75" border to bump them up to a 6" finished block. I'd like to do a 2" sashing, including a sashed border and then a 2" border of whatever I use to frame the blocks. The outer border will be the print that I stacked 'n' whacked.

So here's where I need help. The main colors that show up in the blocks are the light & medium pinks and a yellow-gold. There's a hint of 2 shades of green in each as well, but the green is never the "main" color of any block. I'm thinking of using the darker green (if I can match it) for the frame and then either a cream or the matching small print for the sashing. (http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/p...zprd_10708394a) What are your thoughts?

Here's what I've got so far:
Very nice. I haven't done a stack n whack yet,but it is on my to do list. Your ideas sound good. Can't wait to see the finished product.