Old 07-16-2011, 11:27 AM
emsgranny

Originally Posted by redkimba
Originally Posted by JulieR
I'm hearing so much disdain for these kids, but I have to wonder, how do you think they would respond to all the threads here bemoaning the fact that nobody could find the QB because an email didn't come that day?

The daily digest email is to them what a calculator is to you - an obstacle to learning how to do something that, in your respective times, is critical to navigating basic social expectations and in most cases, to holding a job.

I don't mean to be rude about it, but we should all try to be a little more tolerant of those who have different skills than we do.
Thank you. I generally stop reading any thread that only trashes the youths of today.

The fact of life is that they have skills that are necessary to their generation, but not even to mine. Most of today's kids are really used to a credit/debit card system. Why? because so many transactions use that - not cash.

Please think twice before you simply dismiss the "younger" generation as stupid, lazy, and/or incompetent.
I am so sorry if you took it as a "bashing" of our younger generation. If you read the original post I mentioned clerks in general and did make the comment of the younger ones having a deer in the headlight look - I am nearing 60 so younger to me isnt necessarily school age kids. lol Also if you read further I did say that I am computer illiterate and sometimes I have to have my grandkids help me!!!! It is true times are changing - we have to go with it but I still stand by the fact that some math should be taught so that kids can do math in their heads - I comparision shop alot and its nice to be able to calculate in my head the price per item/ounce/serving - the "value" pack isnt always the biggest value.

I am impressed with what the "kids" know today about computers etc. The last computer course I had was in college and we were still using the data cards lol So it does amaze me how far things have come.

My apologies to anyone who thought I was "bashing" the youth of today...not my intention...I was just saying that I missed the art of counting change!!!

Thanks cheryl :thumbup: :-)