Old 07-16-2011, 02:42 PM
draggin_behind

Hi, guys

I used to sew a lot (even did it for a living before cancer hit) but haven't done a lot recently for a variety of reasons. That said, I haven't paid much attention to sales for quilting & fabric related stuff in the past.

I have a question for all of you on the board. Everyone and his dog has either a black Friday sale or cyber Monday sale with regards to electronics and other "toys".

My question is this: do the online fabric or quilting stores as well as places like JoAnn's, Hancock Fabric & other similar stores (we have access to Michaels, but it's 90 miles from me, so I don't get there often and we don't have AC Moore at all) have a similar sale? Do they have specials at this time that is worth planning ahead for and trying to save $$ now for the sales?

I'll be looking for a serger around the first of the year or later and got to thinking that perhaps someone would have a "killer" sale on them around December such as black Friday. Or do places selling machines only have killer sales when new models come out?

In general, what time of year have you seen the best sales, not counting remodeling, moving or grand opening events? This is with regards to batting, fabric, machines, and other quilting "toys". :P

TIA and have a great week quilting,
M&M