Thread: I need help!!!!
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 02:47 PM
desertrose

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker
Originally Posted by TanyaL
I would take fabric paint and shade the red stripes so that the casket flag has more definition and shape, so that you can see where the bend is in the drape and where is falls to hang down. I would leave the faces blank but I would shade the necks so that the necks and faces are not the same shade of color. What are you going to use for the uniform buttons? I think this has the potential of being a quilt show winner!
Actually I found some very small gold buttons that have what looks like an anchor on them that I think are going to be beautiful!! When my DH saw them, he said, "What did you buy those for?" I just said, You'll see. Then when I laid my quilt out in the floor, He said," Oh!! I see now! So, I think they will work just fine. Now I just need to find some small sargeants stripes to go on the uniform sleeves. I may have to drag out the embrodiery!!

I'd check the doll making costume sites for these unless you have a doll shop near by. Embroidery would also work well if your good at minature detail. I think my ole' fingers would bock.LOL